'Phenomenal' was how Dr. Ray described Zoe's progress. Dr. Ray is Zoe's ENT at East TN Childrens Hospital here in Knoxville. Dr. Ray had not seen Zoe since just before our first trip to Arkansas. He said that it was like looking at a different child. He couldn't believe of how good it looked and that it wasn't causing her problems at this point in the hemangioma's growth phase.
The propranolol protocol is proving to work very well for Zoe and we hope that her progress will help other children to get the same treatment early in the growth phase. The side effects are much less than the typical treatment of steroids or vincristine chemotherapy.
See for yourself the improvements:
We thank God daily for the many blessings that he has given us.

She looks amazing!! I couldn't agree more that early treatment is a MUST!!! I am so thankful that Zoe is a patient of the Blackmon's and they knew where to steer you. Hope you all are doing well.
ReplyDeleteJulia, she's such a cutie and looking so good! I know you guys are so pleased.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Judi
What a blessing! She is one precious little girl...I just want to squeeze her :) Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing! Loving catching up on your story....it's awesome to meet new "birthmark buddies"! Wonderful progress.
ReplyDeleteCheck out www.hinthecity.com
I met this family at the Vascular Birthmarks conference last year....